- Looting Rights is granted to players to loot a certain monster corpse. Persons not granted with looting rights will be warned when opening the corpse that looting it will be a criminal action.
- If the max HP of the creature is:
- Less than 200 hp: you have to do at least 1/2 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
- Between 200 and 1000 hp: you have to do at least 1/4 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
- Between 1000 and 3000 hp: you have to do at least 1/8 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
- 3000 or more hp: you have to do at least 1/16 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
- The person who does the first blow gets their damage multiplied by 125% for the purposes of calculating looting rights.
- Committing a murder will result in 1 short term and 1 long term count.
- Multiple murderers participating in a murder will receive counts equal to the total number of participants with a maximum of 5 counts each instead of 1. Blue participants will only receive one count.
- All murderers participating in a murder will now remain in combat for the total number of participants multiplied by 2 minutes with a maximum timer of 10 minutes. Blue participants will remain in combat for the regular 2 minute timer.
- Victims will have 24 hours to report a murder.
- A murderer (red) has 5 or more short term counts.
- Short term counts decay 1 every 24 hours in game.
- Long term counts decay 1 every 24 hours in game.
A murderer who dies within a dungeon will receive the following restrictions:
- IP wide restriction from entering that dungeon for 2 h.
- IP wide restriction from entering any dungeon for 15 minutes.
- Account wide restriction from doing hostile actions against innocent players in that dungeon for 1h + 1h per 10 long term counts.
- Murderers cannot be resurrected within a dungeon.
Murderers can enter towns within guard protection and without getting attacked by guards so long as they obey the same laws as Innocent (blue) players.
This is the same mechanic that is used in later eras of Ultima Online.
- Murderers are subject to the same criminal checks as any other player. Attacking any other player will flag the murderer as criminal and anyone can call the guards to kill them instantly.
- Murderers who do not attack anyone are not flagged criminal and therefore are not subject to have guards called on them.
- If an innocent player attacks a murderer, the innocent player will not be flagged criminal, however they forego guard protection for a short period against the Murderer who can now defend themselves.
- Murderers who use thievery and loot corpses have the same rules apply to them as normal with regards to being flagged criminal (see Thievery below).
- Murderers are unable to interact with any NPCs in towns. They cannot bank, buy or sell from any innocent (blue) NPC.
A murderer who dies in Britannia overland will receive the following restrictions:
- IP wide restriction from performing hostile actions against innocent players anywhere in the world besides dungeons for 2 hours
- IP wide restriction from entering any dungeon for 15 minutes.
Murderers will be subject to fees when attempting to resurrect.
- 450 Gold for every Short Term Murder Count above 5 the player has.
- 200 Gold for every Long Term Murder Count the player has
- Upon resurrection, if a player's short term murder counts are more than 5 they will be reduced to 5.
When paying resurrection fees, murderers can also decide to repent their ways. Repenting will clear your long term counts but place restrictions preventing hostile actions based on your IP.
- IP wide restriction from performing hostile actions against innocent players anywhere in the world for 72 hours real world time, you do not have to be logged in on that character for the count to go down.
- You will not be presented with the option to repent when resurrecting until all IP based restrictions have expired on that character.
- Since reports can take up to 24h, note that you can still receive murder counts from old murders after repenting during the first 24h.
- Repenting does not affect your short term counts and therefore you will still have to wait for those to decay to turn innocent again.
- A public proclamation will be made in the form of a server notification when a player has chosen to repent.
Stealing is always considered a crime.
If you are caught by a human NPC in guard protection, you will be flagged as criminal and they will call the Guards instantly to have you guard-whacked regardless of whether you succeed or fail.
Preventing getting caught stealing requires the scenario in which following criteria is met:
- no human NPCs are within range of 7 steps (no NPCs nearby to call Guards)
- they are not looking in your direction (reduces chance to get caught by 33%)
- they do not have a line of sight to you (NPCs are required to have line of sight in order to call Guards for stealing)
Thieves cannot report murders when they are killed, as long as they are in the Thieves Guild.
Thieves that receive a murder count are immediately removed from the Thieves Guild until all murder counts are dissolved.
More info on thievery is on the Stealing page.
¶ How does the murderer get their body back from the Dungeon if they get killed inside and can not come back in for 2 hours?
A) They don't.
¶ For the non-aggression period, this just means they can't initiate PvP, but can receive it and counter-attack right?
A) Correct, they can not start any hostile actions but can defend themselves.
A) Players have 24 hours to report a murder. If they do it will only add to your murder counts, all they can do is make you turn red if your short term count goes over 5. All the restrictions will trigger on death, before resurrection.
A) Yes, you will have effectively removed them and all their accounts IP wide for 2 hours. Additionally they may have hostility restrictions that continue after their access restrictions have expired. This means that they can enter the dungeon but can not commit hostile actions against innocents unless attacked first.
A) Yes there are, but attempting to circumvent any murderer penalties is against our server rules. If you are caught doing this you will be jailed and your account(s) standing will be at risk.
A) Die. This will reduce your short term counts to 5. Wait for all your IP based restrictions to expire. Resurrect and choose the option to repent. This will reset your long term counts to 0. You will now need to wait until your remaining short term counts decay.