Traditionally in UO, Taste Identification has been considered a “useless” skill, used to determine whether a given food is poisoned. In LoU, it plays a crucial role in determining how severe the level of poisoning from spells becomes. Thus, it is a critical skill for a Nox Mage build.
The benefits of Taste Identification with regard to poison spells is as follows:
- Taste Identification now provides a cure chance debuff to the victim up to -25%.
- Taste Identification provides a bonus to greater poison chance at GM.
- In PvP, the chance to upgrade poison to Greater is 80% at GM poisoning and GM Taste Identification.
- GM Taste Identification provides +1 spell circle to the poison spell when resists are considered.
- In PvE, Taste Identification causes poison frequency to increase by up to 25% against creatures.
- In PvE, Taste Identification increases poison damage against creatures by 50%.